Basement bar ideas in this article will help you in creating a cozy space to enjoy with family and friends in your home. You always wanted to have such a space in your house but unfortunately you do not have. No need to worry as you can still have a bar. You can effectively utilize the basement. There are so many themes which can be easily installed in your basement and that too in an affordable price. With these ideas you can not only create your own bar but also a party zone.
Theme and style
Do not follow others but put your own ideas which reflect your own style. Always remember that everything in your interior decoration represents your own persona. Some of the most popular basement bar themes are:
- Sports bar: This bar is the most suitable for the ones who want to enjoy sports with their family and close friends. Just a large flat screen TV in a basement bar is enough to bring that sports bar effect.
- Tiki bar: Believe me this is enough to bring a feeling of being in an enchanting island. Their ready made forms are available in the market.
- Rustic basement bar: This theme represents your love for nature. So the Oak Furniture and some green plants are enough to bring that effect. You can mix Hunting theme with this style. Hang some animal masks to boost the effect.
You can choose from the above list as it is or do mix n match. Other themes are Wine bar, Country bar, beach bar, to name a few. You can also have contemporary style or a European wooden bar.
Top of the bar
Now, this you have to choose that which material will suit your basement bar theme and budget. It can be molded from wooden, metal or stone. Dark wood represents class whereas stone top provides your basement top a solid look. If your style is contemporary then go for metallic bar top. L-shape is the standard shape of bar top. Keep the length to serve at least 5-6 people. Do not forget to install a sink on the bar top. This makes it more organized.
Though round seated bar stools are the standard ones yet you can choose from the variety of furniture available these days. They also manufacture chairs of several designs. Choose the one which suits your theme and budget.
Other items to keep in your basement bar
Your basement bar must have enough storage space to keep the cutlery and some snacks. The cupboards must be according to the theme of your basement bar. Glass cover cupboards are more popular due to their elegance and low cost. Refrigerator is a must in a bar to provide ice. Stereo player will add an extra charm to your basement bar. There are different glasswares for various drinks. Each type of drink should be served in its particular glass.
Basement bar ideas for decoration
These things are enough to provide an enchanting look to your basement bar.
- Persian Rug
- Moonstruck lights
- Proper lighting which suits your basement bar theme.
- Mugs, coasters, posters and other accessories are enough to provide an elegant look to your bar.
A bar without some snacks is incomplete. Keep snacks which are complementary to the drinks available in your collection.
These basement bar ideas are enough to kick start your own imagination to build your home bar as much fascinating as you can in your budget and space.
Check out plumbers